Friday, October 13, 2006

happy anniversary


i remember a very special day five years ago, a day that would change my life forever. it was five years ago today that i became mrs. rimbo. every time i think of our wedding day it makes me smile and feel all warm inside. it literally was one of the most beautiful moments of my life. i got to marry my high school sweetheart,...and, i felt the peace of the Lord like i have never felt before. it was simply amazing. i don't know any other way to describe it.

five years we have been married now....why does it feel like ten? maybe it's because we started dating almost twelve years ago. i just love reminiscing about old times....our crazy high school relationship, our off again, on again drama. so funny! i am just glad that it stuck, though the drama still continues just in different ways, actually come to think of it, it is more like a comedy now (with the kiddos). the Lord has really blessed you and i. we have grown and changed so much over the years....i am so glad we have done it together. i really would be lost without you. you are an amazing husband and wonderful daddy. i am so lucky to be called your wife. thank you for all your love and patience for putting up with me for all these years. and yes, you are welcome for putting up with you too! just kidding!!! happy, happy, happy anniversary sweetheart! i love you........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
I love the site and love the pics! Keep them coming, you're girls are too cute!

Angie Clayton said...

That was a beautiful day, start to finish (except for maybe the fire in the church bathroom ... sorry). Seriously, it was an amazing wedding, and I love to watch you two live out the vows you made that day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Shannon and Alan. Have fun celebrating. Brit says hello too. Love you guys, Terri

Anonymous said...

What can I say? Such a fun time getting ready for your wedding and all the girls spending the night before with Grampa and me! I know it was 5 years ago but it does seem longer. So much has happened in those 5 years, good and bad. The best is two beautiful girls. And I love that you let me watch them while you sleep from working all night the night before. You guys are blessed beyond measure and I know you know that and you thank the one true God everyday for the blessings. God has also blessed you in the testing times and is "growing you up" in Him. May God receive all the glory!
Love you both,
Grama

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a wonderful day that was! You looked so beautiful, Shannon! I still can see the two of you when you first saw each other in the church! The love filled the church. I was in awe of both of you!
Thanks for making Mitch's B-day special too. With that song "I'm too sexy for my ...." Oh sorry about the fire.. who were those boys?

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to put my name in.

I love you guys very much!
Julie