Saturday, January 13, 2007

little legs



for the very first time last night alaina made her walking debut! she is one her way...and only nine months. well, almost ten, but it's more fun to say nine. she's taking after her daddy, who was also an early walker (i think it was nine months also.) it is so fun watching your kids take their first steps. the look on their faces when they are being cheered on.

it was a little hard for kylee though. not getting all the attention and all the praise is so hard. kylee, mommy understands. it is hard sitting on the sidelines and just being a spectator. but know this my dear, mommy and daddy love you so much and are so proud of all you do and have done. though you may sometimes (trust me, you are still in the lime light more often than you can imagine) be on the sidelines, we are still cheering you on too!

we are so lucky to have a house filled with all the noise and laughter (even tears) that you bring. we are so blessed by the two of you. i can't nor would i want to imagine a life without the two of you in it. love you bunches......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I went to your blog this morning it really didn't surprise me when Alaina started walking toward the camera.But it was so exciting! I thought several times yesterday that she was going to do it. She almost got up in the middle of the room by herself.
Alaina, I'm so happy for you that you can walk now! More places to explore.And I'm happy for Kylee too because she is such a helpful and good big sister. Payton was watching so cute on the sidelines. She is so gentle with both the girls. I watched Alaina belly flop over her several times and you knew she was used to it. She just kept on licking her paws. I know you are proud of all three of your girls........and so am I.You are great parents and love your kids. It shows! I love you all, GG

donna said...

i predicted it...even if i was a week or two off. didn't i predict crawling as well? i think i'm going to quite my job and opt for "street prophet" instead. :)

donna said...

seriously though, what a fun time. it brought tears to my eyes.

Angie Clayton said...

That is so cute! I love her little bowlegged stutter-stepping gait! Look out ... she's going to be running full speed through the house in no time!!

Anonymous said...

Yea Alaina..... You are soooo BIG! Thank you for sharing your family time with all of us. We love you guys, Pappooh and Nana

donna said...

i just realized my typo. i'm awesome.