Wednesday, May 23, 2007

mustache


can you believe that this is what i asked for for my birthday? well, not this exactly, but he treatment, yes! on monday i had IPL (some kind of light treatment) done. after two babies and an excessive amount of hormones i developed the lovely "pregnancy mask." you know, the dark pigmentation above the lip and under the eyes. well, the darkness around the eyes i can live with because they are easier to conceal, but the lip.....ummmm not so much! i can honestly say that i am amazed at myself for even posting this picture. it is incredibly embarrassing, but hilarious at the same time. and if you can believe it, it has actually improved since monday. i look like an absolute FREAK!!!!! i have had to run a few errons and people just stare at me. i feel like i need to wear a sign that says "yes, i look a little freakish...i had light treatment done....it will go away. please stop staring." fortunately i don't need to wear a sign. i have a four year old who just tells everyone. we were at the pet store yesterday, standing in line she says (loudly), "mommy, everyone is looking at your lip." "yes i know this sweety. thank you."

4 comments:

Angie Clayton said...

OH MY GOSH that's absolutely horrible and hilarious at the same time! I can't believe you posted it - you go girl!

Anonymous said...

No matter what, we know how beautiful you are...inside and out...and really glad go call you our daughter. Love ya,
Papa

Anonymous said...

I agree with both comments above. I'm just so glad that you haven't had to face something like that all your life like some people do. I saw a lady at the store the other day that had a 5 O'clock shadow and I felt so bad for her. 75 years ago she would have been in the circus with a full beard with people laughing and staring. It was really hard not to stare at her it was so different! I hope it doesn't last long but your little mouthpiece Kylee can keep them informed. "Out of the mouth of babes!!"

Anonymous said...

Hey daughter I'm glad one of you girls are keeping up the mustache tradition since I shaved mine off. It's not how you feel, it's how you look and you look marvelous. I love you!