Wednesday, July 25, 2007

hairspray anyone?


wow! wow! and wow! i was not expecting that to be my response to this movie, but it was in a big way...kinda like the hair in this movie. back in the day, 1988 that is, my sister and i watched this movie over, and over, and over again. we absolutely loved it (even though ricki lake kinda annoyed me). we knew every line in that darn thing. so when i heard they were making another movie (from the musical...which i haven't seen) i rented the old one because i thought kylee might like it. she did of course....so i thought it would be fun to have a little girls night and go see the new one last night.

and "oh my gosh" it was so awesome. the casting and the music were fabulous!!!!! it completely over exceeded my expectations. i was tapping my foot the entire time, and kylee was literally dancing in her seat (big surprise, huh?). she kept turning to me and smiling. it was so fun. i want to go see it again. i think i might even like the soundtrack. all morning long i've been singing the "good morning baltimore" song.

so if anyone is in the mood for a good musical, this is a must see!!!! A++

(the only casting flaw i thought was john travolta's part, i don't think he was the best pick...even though i think he is great, just not for that part. but what do i know? the man can dance!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope we can find a night to go see this movie. I think it would be fun. Love, Ohie