Saturday, July 07, 2007

i can't believe that i have lived in kansas city my entire life and have never been to the overland park farmers market! seriously, that is just wrong. for my next outing i would like to go to the river market....yeah, never been there either. ridiculous! there are so many really neat places in kansas and i haven't been to half of them. it is something i really want the girls to experience. i guess the girls and i are should start having our very own field trips and start


learning a little more about k.c.. what made the event more special was that my dad joined us. we spent a little time at the market....buying every kind of fruit kylee could find, then went and took a few pictures at one of my favorite spots, then went to the plaza for lunch. how great is that? thanks so much dad for spending your morning with us. we had a great time.


tip of the day: when choosing a place to dine with the kids,

outdoors is the best. lainey typically does not sit still for very long, but being outside there was plenty to keep her attention...the music playing (which she couldn't stop dancing too), the birds eating her large crumbs on the ground and even an ambulance (sirens blaring.)

all in all, a great saturday morning!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I had a blast. What a great way to spend a Saturday morning. I hope you and the girls had as much fun as I did. You guys are awesome.

Darci said...

I don't know if I commented on your cute brown hair- but if not, Cute!!

Anonymous said...

It looked like you had a great time. I'm so glad you have your loving and awesome dad and papooh in your lives. Open air markets are fun aren't they?
Love you all,
GG

Kitsy said...

Looks like a great day.