Friday, February 29, 2008

"smooshed" cake



preparing for kylee's birthday party tomorrow, i spent almost three hours on this cake.  (thank you grama for the wonderful chocolate frosting recipe.)  i think it turned out pretty cute.  but this evening when i went to pull something of the top shelf of my cupboard.....my hand mixer fell smack into the middle of the darn thing....

.....this is what it looks like know.  WHAM!  i am so darn mad, but all i can do is laugh.  that is after saying a few curse words (the kids were in bed.)  so tomorrow a the party it looks like the kids are going to enjoy smooshed cake.  sorry kylee!

4 comments:

Eric and Karen said...

oh my gosh, that cake is gorgeous! I don't think I've ever used cake and gorgeous in the same sentence before. You even styled the horses hair...too much! Love it! Even with the smoosh it still looks great! Way to go, you are going to have a great party! Happy Birthday little Miss Kylee!!

Anonymous said...

I know how mad you must have felt, but this is awesome. The smoosh just adds a little 3D to the action. Shannon you did a beautiful job. If photography ever gets slow, you can always add "designer cake maker" to your list of enterprises. Have a wonderful party. Kylee, "Happy Birthday" sweetheart!

Kitsy said...

That cake is amazing!!!! That is some talent girl. And let me tell you the kids will think it is the coolest thing. I can't believe your girl is 5 already!

Jennifer Handsaker said...

Oh my, that cake is wonderful! Smoosh or no smoosh it was quite an untertaking I would never even have attempted! Go job mama!