Thursday, March 20, 2008

nelson

this picture really reminded me how small the girls really are.....not just in size!  they seem to grow up so fast and each day i expect so much from them.  i need to remember that they are this small only once!  i need to take a step back, slow down, take a breath and savior the moment.  

today the girls and i went on an "adventure."  i knew that the weather was supposed to be amazing today so i wanted to seize it (knowing that is may snow this weekend...on easter!)  i have lived in kansas my whole life and i can't remember if i have ever been to the nelson atkin's art museum.  is that sad?  so i thought it might be fun to go and run around outside, have a picnic and admire a few pieces of artwork.  it was so fun even thought it was so muddy!  lainey kept falling...her knees were soaked.  i told kylee that i would bring her back, just her and i, and we would actually go inside and look around.  i wasn't sure how lainey would have handled that. i love days like these with my girls.  it's even better with an ice cream cone for the ride home:)
"fire marshall bill" and her sister!
"mom, we're hungry.....will you stop taking pictures and feed us????"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lainey really looks tiny next to that huge museum. I'm glad you took the girls and went. Those are memories they will always have. I remember my mommy taking us to the zoo and the art museums and landmarks of importance. I still remember them as great experiences. I learned a lot too! The pictures are great. Give the girls hugs and kisses for me.
Love,
Grama/GG