Saturday, May 31, 2008

breakfast

is it just me or does this look like a painting?  this is actually an overexposed picture that i took about 6:30 this morning (while taking the puppy to pee.)  the mother bird was watching me like a hawk.  i was interrupting breakfast.  she would sit on the fence post waiting for me to leave so she could feed her babies.  watching her feed them was so neat.  all three heads popping up, mouths wide open....so cool.  okay i am a little obsessed with these baby birds in our backyard.  but in my defense i have never seen for myself anything like this before.  while my sister in law is in africa taking amazing pictures of wild animals....i am here in kansas taking overexposed pictures of a mother bird feeding her babies.  hmmmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo, Shannon. It really does look like a painting. Great work...as always...Love Papa

kimberly said...

shannon! this is amazing!

Anonymous said...

You really have an eye for sensational photos. Great picture. You need to print this one!
Love you and Happy Birthday today!
GG

Karen said...

love it! great capture!