Friday, September 26, 2008

beauty school drop out

morning bed head...this kid has the worst!  she woke up the other day and her hair was going every which way but down, so i had to take a picture.  after seeing this one too many mornings i thought is was time to take her somewhere to get her hair cut.  So us girls and Ohie went to run some errands, then get lainey's haircut.  
her she is....ready for the cut,
afterwards (and after a nap i might add)....by the way, can anyone scream BRACES!
that 'fire marshall bill' smile just makes me laugh.  i absolutely love it!  anyway, the following day i come walking down the stairs to see alaina standing at the kitchen counter with a comb up to her head.  i asked her what she was doing.  she said, "cutting my hair."  my first reaction was, "oh, she is pretending with the comb again....no big deal."  uhhhhhhhh, that is until i walk over to her and see a pile of hair lying on the counter and all over the stool she is standing on.  god was with me at that moment because all i could do was just laugh.  (it still makes me laugh thinking about it).  while trying to contain my laughter i told her she should never cut her own hair.  i told her not to move so i could get my camera....she didn't like this (i think she was embarrassed or something) because as soon as i walked away to get the camera, she quickly dusted the stool off, removing all evidence!  do you think she knew that it would soon become available for the whole world to see....hmmmm.  she is a pretty smart girl you know.....just not a very good beautician (at least not just yet).  mommy loves you sweety, it will be fun to look back on this an laugh together one day:)  JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN! :)

3 comments:

Angie Clayton said...

So am I getting this right? She cut her own hair right after her haircut? Priceless story!! (And yes on the braces ... better start saving now dear. :)

Anonymous said...

We love her new hair cut. She should give up cutting her own hair... I wonder what she would have looked like if you had waited a while before you came to see what she was up to.

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet little Lainey! We are related in so many ways! From "bed head" to "getting into things to do for myself" to that big "need braces" smile. I love you!
GG