Wednesday, November 19, 2008

lion king


last saturday kylee had her first musical experience.  the "lion king."  what fun!  the costumes were simply amazing...we were able to see them first hand because we were sitting on the aisle watching them walk by.  how anyone came up with that is beyond me.  kylee had a great time.  you know how it goes dark between scenes....well, after each seen kylee would lean over and ask me if there was going to be another one.  i think she really enjoyed the music.  we couldn't tell how well she was following the story line because it has been a year or two since she has actually watched the movie itself.  one other funny thing (and this reminds me so much of me as a kid....darn it....it's one thing i didn't want her to get from me....if you can even inherit this), at intermission kylee leans over to me and tells me that she would really like to go to the "lion store....because they have these things and you buy them."  i thought oh brother, she is talking about the souvenir concession stand.  yep, that's my daughter....that would have been the first place i would have like to go too!  when i told her that coming to see the show was the "gift" in itself and that we didn't need anything else....we had a program...ha!  well, with this she was not too pleased.  she told me she didn't want me here with her because i don't let her do stuff like that...she also proceeded to tell me that she wouldn't want daddy here either because she knew he wouldn't let her either.  i went to put my arm around her to comfort her and to scratch her back...uh, she wanted nothing to do with that either.  a little while later during the show and after returning from sitting on papa's lap she was happy again, cuddling up against my arm.  i am not sure what words were spoken, they must have been sweet nothings.  oh yeah, we left with a nala doll.  what more can i say?

1 comment:

Jennifer Handsaker said...

Oh my, I'm not ready for the days of Layla not wanting me. I see signs of it here and there already! What a fun experience!