Tuesday, July 19, 2011



sleepy morning eyes. she may look happy now....hmmmmm. it wasn't two minutes later she was crying.


why is it that kids instinctively know when you have things to do in the morning....they get up super early? for the life of me i can't understand this. well, actually i think i do, but i don't want to believe that satan would use my sweet little babies to deter me from getting into the Word for a little while....but why wouldn't he? he makes me so darn mad. i need to remember this when my feet hit that last stair in the early morning and the baby starts crying to not get mad at them....but to pray instead. not let him win! seriously, it never fails that on days that i intentionally set my alarm to get up early to read my bible and workout they are up as soon as I get downstairs!!! i have conquered kylee in regards to this...she can now read a clock and knows not to come out of her room until 7:00...alaina doesn't do it very often because she has big sis telling her not too....well, miss mya...sigh! it hasn't helped that mya has not been taking very good naps as of late. she was only taking a 30 min nap in the morning, so my thoughts were to get rid of that one and just put her down for an early afternoon nap. well, that is not working out very well. she thinks she only needs an hour to an hour and a half nap. NO WAY kid...you need MORE!!!!! mommy needs a little more time and a happy baby at the end of the nap! needless to say it has been a rough few days if not longer than that. i remember this time not being very fun with kylee and alaina too....but kylee never did wrap her head around the nap concept...alaina thankfully did (and still does on occasion) i am hoping and praying that mya will follow suit with her middle sis. i guess we will just wait and see.

thankfully she loves going to bed at night. in fact, her bedtime routine is such a sweet part of the day. she gets a bath, gets dressed, get her blankie, we snuggle up in the rocking chair and read her Bible! She LOVES her Bible, it is the ONLY book she will actually sit down (and really relax) and let me read it to her. i can read it cover to cover (it's a baby Bible, so that is not hard to do) and she won't move unless there is an action that i have her do with the story. it is so sweet and so hopeful...."it is the same with my word. i sent it out, and it always produces fruit. it will accomplish all i want it to, and it will prosper everywhere i send it." isaiah 55:11 NLT His words and truth are in her...she already longs for them. how awesome is that!!!! help me Lord, to not just be a hearer of your word, but a doer...so my girls will see your love, your truth and your ways through me. AMEN!

1 comment:

Angie Clayton said...

Hi sweet girl - just had some time to catch up on your blog - oh how I miss you! Your kids are beautiful, hilarious and wonderful, and I love the way you capture them in pictures in words. Love you!