Thursday, September 07, 2006

picnic in the park

okay, so i thought i would take the girls for a picnic in the park before kylee went to school the other day, i never knew it would be so fun (well, funny!) it was a beautiful day, cool breeze, warm sunshine, two fussy kids, what better way to cheer them up than a picnic lunch in the park. we get there and lay out the blanket, kylee unpacks the lunch and alaina lays there soaking in the scenery and i just relish in the beauty of my family. as soon as everything is unpacked and we start eating kylee pipes up, "mommy, i have to pee."

me: "are you serious? you just went before we left the house."
kylee: her legs bouncing nervously..."yeah, i have to pee."
me: "really? can you hold it?" i am looking in every direction hoping that a bathroom will
magically appear....no luck. then look at my watch and realize that school doesn't start for
another hour and we were planning on staying at the park until then. i don't want to
repack everything back up and drive to a gas station and then unload again.
kylee: "i can hold it, i don't have to pee.....(long pause)....i have to pee."
me: i am now frantically looking around checking out our surroundings....big trees, bushes...no
one in site (you know where i am going.) "kylee, do you think you could pee on the
ground?"
kylee: excitedly asks "like a rabbit?" (not like a dog, or cat, but a rabbit....what?)
me: laughing "yeah, like a rabbit."
kylee: "yeah i can."
me: while turning around to get a baby wipe, "we have to go over there by the bush and do
it really, really fast."
kylee: standing there with her pants already down around her ankles.
me: "not yet, pull up your pants."
so we run over to the bush....aliana is just lying there on the blanket oblivious that she is by herself on the blanket (we were only a few feet away.) i pull down kylee's pants, hold her hands and tell her to squat. she does a great job. we go back to the blanket wipe our hands and start to have lunch. kylee is so proud of herself, she sits there with a big smile on her face.
kylee: "i peed in a bush!"
me: "yeah, lets not tell anyone okay? we're not really supposed to be doing that."
kylee: "why?"
me: "because we could get into trouble, you aren't supposed to pee in the park."
kylee: "oh!"

so what does kylee do, the first person she tells is her school teacher when she was putting her in the car. great! what was i supposed to do. i can't be the only mother who has made there kid pee in a bush. (it sure would have been easier if she was a boy!) some may think this was terrible, but i think it was just too funny not to share. the "like a rabbit" part just kills me.

what better way to spend quality time with your kids....teaching them how to pee in bushes, followed by lunch and a fun game of hide and seek. we really did have a great time, and i really had a great laugh.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm calling the authorities.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of Kylee! I would have pee all over my feet. Sounds like a good time. About a month ago I had Reed with me and the same thing happen. I was on the highway looking for a place to stop. Oh the things we do for our childred. Love you!

Angie Clayton said...

That's priceless! Hopefully she won't take it up as a hobby though. :)

Myers Family said...

I'm so proud of you! I would have done the same thing!