Sunday, January 28, 2007

little over ten

we are now 10 months old....almost 10 1/2 now. as you can see, she has a cold. i forgot how hard these few months before turning one are (at least they were for kylee, and seem to be the same for alaina.) between getting teeth, the frustration of moving around , not being able to communicate and the common cold these last few months seem to be a bit of a struggle. she can walk a short distance, when she wants to. in the last couple of days she has learned to "wave." it is so cute. she was lying on my lap last night waving at alan, and she wouldn't stop until he waved back...then a few seconds later she would do it again. this went on for fifteen minutes or so. she is also doing fairly well at feeding herself most table foods, except vegetables of course. she is even drinking most of her formula and water from a sippee cup. she is down to just her night time bottle. i can't wait to pack the bottles away for good....and formula, yuck! Vitamin D milk here we come!!! her favorite time of day is the evening. at least that is when she is at her happiest. i think it's because she has everyone together. after dinner i just lay on the floor and let both girls just crawl all over me. alaina thinks it is so much fun. back and forth, back and forth.....

though times are a little tough right now, i wouldn't change things. i am absolutely in love with this little girl (both my girls...kylee.) alaina, i am so thankful for all your sweetness. you are a true delight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Alaina you are not over your cold yet. That's a bummer.
I am so happy that you waved to me the other day. That was so sweet. And the kiss you gave me was very sweet too. I was willing to even get your cold for that precious kiss! So far, no cold for me and I hope you girls can get past yours.
I love you,
GG

Anonymous said...

Alaina:

You are soooo cute, even if you do have a snotty nose. Papa and I miss you girls sooo much. We can hardly wait for the day when we will live in KC and see each other more often. I can hardly wait to see you walk. You are getting to be such a big girl. Love you, Ohie