Friday, March 16, 2007

one year ago today.....

(photo compliments of aunt d)

as i sit here at work, i am reminded of a year ago today (like it was yesterday).....i was lying in a bed, in this very same hospital, waiting to meet my little alaina jean. at 5:14am you came into this world (very fast i might add...kinda how you do everything else.) i was so excited to meet you, to see you, face to face.

i fell in love instantly. i knew that i would love you, but i was nervous as to how i would feel in that moment....loving another child. but you came, and there were no worries, no doubts. what i held in my arms was "love."

i have had the privilege of loving you everyday since, and i wouldn't trade a single second. you have brought so much joy to my life and to those around you. i can tell you time and time again, but words will never amount to how much i love you, we love you. i hope you have a happy first birthday. thank you for being my sweet, smiley, little blue eyed girl, with a grin that melts my heart. i love you lainey lou.

(i'll be home from work soon to wish you a happy birthday myself.....maybe with a sprinkled doughnut in hand....with a candle?) i bet kylee would like it if i did that!

thank you Lord for alaina jean. bless her all the days of her life. i pray that she will know you and grow in your love and live in your light. i pray that you will use her in ways only you know how to. keep her healthy and safe. pour out your love through us, so she will be showered in it each and every day. give alan and i wisdom to parent her, guide her and discipline her. thank you for trusting us to be her parents here on earth. i am so eternally grateful. amen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say to that is "AMEN".

Shannon, you are such a sweetie, and such a loving mommie. Your desire for your children to love the Lord is precious.
I love you,
Grama
PS: Happy Birthday Alaina! I love you! XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO
I will miss seeing you & Kylee today. See you next week!

Anonymous said...

I love that pictur Donna.You did good! Those eyes and that great smile. I'm just "goo" over "you" Alaina Jean!

donna said...

thanks gg. i really like that picture a lot.

and happy birthday to my little darling! lainie, you bring such joy to my heart. i simply melt every time i see you. so glad i got to spend your birthday with you.

Anonymous said...

gg:
So sorry I took your time with the kids. I have to say I am so jealous that you have that time with them each week. We so look forward to the day we will be able to spend more time with them and you and Bob. Love, Toni

Anonymous said...

Alaina:

So glad we could be with you for your birthday but so sorry you were sick. Next year will be much better. We will help to make it as fun as we can.

But most of all I want to tell you what a lucky little girl you are. Jesus gave you to two very special people who love him and you. Thank you Jesus. Love Ohie

Anonymous said...

Xenia Moisés García Hernández