Tuesday, March 20, 2007

bitten by the BUG

anyone who has talked to me in the last day or two has probably gotten an ear full of complaining. my apologies...please!

some sort of nasty bug made it's way into our house last week. i think it came in when the weather changed. hmmmm....aren't the bugs supposed to go outside when the weather gets nice???? anyway, it started with kylee....wonderful cough, fever and congestion, then on poor alaina's first birthday the bug bit her. she came down with a fever, cough, congestion and of course, runny nose. then the next day (saturday) alan gets bit, fever, cough and congestion. yuck!

lets just say it made for an incredibly fun weekend for healthy mom (and kylee by then)! i am typically very much needed, but this weekend was "mom, i need you....crying, screaming, snot and more snot" overload. i have to say that i frequented the bathroom regularly, just to do a little "pull my hair out" dance.

anyway, yesterday lainey had her one year appointment and we found out she of course has a good ol' ear infection. and after giving her the antibiotics last night she projectile vomits all over me.....then later that night kylee decided that her rocking chair was the toilet and peed all over the floor...and this morning doesn't remember a darn thing (i can't believe she doesn't remember anything because she was completely hysterical).

okay, that's it, i am officially done complaining. yes, it was a frustrating weekend, but i am sure i am making a much bigger deal out of it. again, my apologies, but thanks to this blog i am able to vent and if people don't want to hear it they don't have to.

you know, alan and i were lying in bed last night just talking about random things when i started laughing. ten or so years ago when i snuggled next to alan, i couldn't wait to just be his wife so we would have lots of moments snuggling and talking.....who knew we'd be lying there exhausted (i couldn't believe we were even talking, we should have been passed out) after an evening filled with so much puke, pee and snot! it really is pretty funny. i am so grateful. i really am! i have a wonderful husband who loves and supports me and helps out with the kids. and we have two beautiful girls inside and out, no matter how much snot or pee comes out of them. okay, i'm done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet picture of father and daughter. When she graduates from high school and you give her a party, that should be one of the pictures on display!
Hope everyone is better by now. I am taking lots of "Emergen-C" so I won't get it. See you Friday!
Love you all,
Grama and GG

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I was recently puked on too and I mean down my shirt, caked in my hair puked on. After a shower, I couldn't get enough cuddles from my little guy. The joys of being a mom during this season!

Anonymous said...

Tonight has been filled with laughter for Papa and I. We first got the lawn mowing video and then I check the blogspot. What would we do for entertainment without all of you. How well all of us moms remember the the 3 P's (puke, pee and poop). They always cause exasperation at the time and laughter and fond memories later. Thank you for sharing all these stories. It gives Dad and I such joy and fun at your expense. We love you. Ohie and Papa