Thursday, June 09, 2011

:::one:::


where to start?? a minute ago i was praying that God would give us another baby, a second ago you born....and now you are a year old!! last year on this very same day (only it was a thursday) i was going about my day as usual. i had to work that night at the hospital so i laid down to take my nap...only my nap didn't last very long because my water broke (kylee informed me yesterday that "my water bottle broke, then you went to the hospital.") within hours, you became an official member of the Rimbo fam! you completed our family circle! our new home finally felt like home. i have enjoyed every moment with you. your personality is really starting to shine....you are so wonderful! you are our last little baby, so it makes me sad that you are already a year old....but instead of being sad, i want to embrace this time. it is just too fun to miss. you are crawling all over the place (very quickly i might add), you are standing all by yourself and walking when holding on to one hand.....you are so close to doing it on your own, but i am okay with you waiting a little while longer. you love your baby dolls...and you love to EAT! you are almost done breastfeeding....i give it a few more weeks, if that (you are too busy). you are still a good little sleeper. you go to bed at 7:00 and wake up at 7:00. although i think you wake up before then, but you play quietly in your crib until i come and get you. you are still taking a morning and afternoon nap, but i am not sure how much longer we will keep the morning nap...this summer is already so busy. i think you would rather be playing in the pool with your sisters anyway.

miss mya, you are a little ray of sunshine, you do make me happy when skies are grey....and you will never know dear how much i love you!!! you are an answer to my prayers. i love you so much...i am so lucky to be your mommy. i hope you have a wonderful birthday...even if you will never remember this one.....i will. we LOVE you so very much!! xoxo

2 comments:

Julie/Nana said...

Wow, Shannon you are awesome with sharing your feelings. I think you and Alan make great parents! The world is a much better place because of you! I love so much!

Dad said...

Shamefully I admit that I have not checked yor blog for some time. I am absolutely in awe of how you capture in words and pictures the fleeting moments of your life. I am glad for us and your daughters that you are doing this as they will treasure this in the future and we enjoy it now. Bless you daughter! I love you muchly.
Dad