Friday, January 30, 2009

calling all prayer

I wanted to give everyone a little play by play of this past week and ask for your prayers.  "For where two or three are gathered together, in my name, there I am in the midst." Matther 18:20.  This has been a very long exhausting week.  It started on Monday, Lainey started getting sick...which turned into the flu (threw up at the dinner table, lovely!)  The next morning we go in here room to lying towards the end of her bed, flat on her tummy, hands by her side and head in a bowl....literally (it was actually a comical site to see).  When asked what she was doing she said, "I'm sick."  But she hadn't done anything yet!  So she was sick Tuesday, and started to feel better Wed (so we thought).  But Wed after dinner Kylee started complaining that her ear hurt.  I didn't think too much about it, thinking that if if persisted that we could go see the doctor in the morning.  Well, at bed time she wouldn't stop crying because her ear hurt so bad.  Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot you can do for an ear infection, but go to the doctor and get antibiotics.  We tried explaining that she needed to get some rest, but that didn't work.  So we put her in our bed and I stayed in there with her scratching her head (that is the only way I could keep her calm).  About 10:30, I didn't know what else to do because she was just in so much pain so on to the ER we went.  What do you think they told us?  "She has an ear infection!"  After a $150 diagnosis and a prescription that I couldn't fill until tomorrow we went home and she was fine...and all they gave her was Motrin.  She slept for three or four hours before she threw up all over our bed.  So Thursday was not fun.  In pain, with a fever and throwing up four more times during the day...poor thing couldn't stop crying and moaning.  I felt frustrated because even trying to comfort her wouldn't work...it was actually better if I left her alone.  Oh yeah, and at this point Lainey had thrown up again and is still acting sick.  Thank goodness, towards later afternoon she was feeling better...but not Kylee.  Her sleep last night was so off and on and at five this morning she said that her hair was stuck to her ear.  When I felt her ear, all I could feel was wet goo.  I felt sick when I saw what was coming out of it....blood.  Quite a bit of blood too.  I asked her if she had been digging at her ear and she said "yes."  Though I don't know if was really anything she could have done.  So now our poor girl is still in pain from an ear which is now bleeding and a tummy that is still upset.  Praise God that her ENT called yesterday and was able to get us in for this morning (it was originally to go over her new CT scans), what better doctor to see.  Oh, and now Alan says he is starting to feel queasy.  Help!  You may ask, where in the heck am I getting the time to write this....well, because I have been up most of the night, I can do practically nothing to help Kylee and I needed to vent a little before I go nuts.  I don't like seeing all the people I love sick and in pain...and not being able to do anything to help.  Your prayers are so very welcome.  Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shannon... I'm so sorry!!! I having been praying for you, sweetheart, and Alan and the girls. Please keep me updated on their conditions. Love you!!

Kitsy said...

Shannon, I hope everyone if feeling better.